On April 29, 2019 the United Snowmobile Alliance held its inaugural annual meeting in Syracuse NY, electing a new slate of officers to lead the organization. Chairman: Roger Wright, Vice Chair: Scott Jones, Treasure: Janelle Kukuk and Secretary: Marcia Miller.
The Board of Directors reaffirmed objectives and set goals for the coming year.
- An active national advocate for organized snowmobiling.
- To promote development of snowmobiling in the U.S. through cooperative efforts of member states.
- Encourage safe, courteous, lawful, and responsible use of snowmobiles.
- Act as a medium for the exchange of ideas and information between participating state, national and international associations, government officials and agencies, and other organizations.
- Join and support organizations concerned with motorized and non-motorized outdoor recreation in the United States and elsewhere.
- Promote responsible access to public and private land, utilizing and developing trust and respect for all land owners/managers.
- Develop solutions to public and private land trespass.
- Snowmobile safety and avalanche awareness promotion.
- Assert that snow science be instituted in policies of public land access.
- Engage in Travel Management Sub-Part C (winter).
- Develop solutions to fugitive sound levels.
A number of snowmobile states desire a strong national voice for their individual and combined concerns. The United Snowmobile Alliance is structured as a bottom-up, rather than a top–down organization, with minimum annual membership of $500 per state association.
- Additional funding will be based on projects and require a business and financial plan that will maximize ROI.
- We will take advantage of internal resources, while networking with partners, even unconventional ones, to leverage results.
- USA will be goal oriented, fast adopters and flexible. Change is good!
- The officers and board pledge to be transparent and serve its members.
- USA has developed communication channels in Washington D.C. for legislative advocacy and federal agency relations.
The United Snowmobile Alliance represents well over 120,000 “Grass Root Association Members” and 300,000 registered snowmobiles.
The United Snowmobile Alliance Inc. is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of environmentally responsible and sustainable organized snowmobiling in the United States.